Chocoholics Anonymous... I've got a Remedy!
You know your chocolate addiction is bad when…
- You’re a kid who doesn’t “understand” how tabs work, so you sneak chocolate bars from the gym and tell yourself “I guess they’ll put it on my tab”. You eat the chocolate bar so fast between training breaks (basically inhaling it) so your coach or the parent managing the front desk doesn’t catch you. Then go back training feeling super guilty but acting like nothing happened…
- You drink wine (or your alcohol/drug of choice) with the intention of binging on extreme chocolate moose tracks ice cream … but the alcohol was just so that you don’t feel bad and can come up with a creative excuse to justify eating the entire tub of ice cream (“I’m emotional right now” or “I’ll work it off later” or “I only do this twice a month…”).
- When you went trick-or-treating and if a box of chocolate left outside a house that had a sign that said “help yourself, happy halloween kids!”, you’d look around to make sure no one was looking and then dump the entire box in your trick-or-treating bag (or when you’re too old to do that but highly debate sneaking and finding a house that does that… of course you don’t do it though…)
These are only a few of the shameful chocolate thoughts that have gone through my mind. It took me twenty-four years to find a chocolate recipe that takes very little time to make (faster that craving can be satisfied!), is healthy and that actually taste good! chocoholics… meet THE FAT BOMB
MIX EVERYTHING TOGETHER AND FREEZE! (optional step: tie together a cute piece of string and place it on top. Do not eat string, unless edible)
I usually eyeball everything when I make it, and add more or less of any of the ingredients that I feel like having more or that I have in my cupboard. Be creative with it and adjust to your liking! The only sugar in here is honey, but if you are trying to cut down, this recipe still taste great without it!
- Coconut oil - 3 tbsp (microwave until liquid)
- Cocoa powder - 1 tbsp
- Chili powder - 1 pinch
- Sea salt - 1 pinch
- Almond butter - 2 tbsp: I use the one from Costco, that just has almonds in it!
- Coconut flakes - 1 tbsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon -1 pinch
- Ground cloves - 1 pinch
- Nuts (cashews, almonds, pecans, walnuts... whatever you want!)
Why the Fat Bomb is GUILT FREE: Coconut is high in fiber, lauric acid (also in human breast milk), caprylic acid. This helps prevent cancer, raises HDL and fights bacterial infections! Cocoa powder and the spices in here are great antioxidants! Nuts are packed with protein, vitamins (like Vitamin E), minerals, fiber and healthy fats!
So go ahead you chocoholics... INDULGE
DISCLAIMER: I am not a certified nutritionist and make no claims to the contrary. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health.